Thursday, June 16, 2011

Graduating Does Not Make You Less Klutzy

For some reason I’ve been excessively accident prone since I moved back to DC.  And since I know the only reason you read my blog is for slap-stick humor gems like the shower incident and the time I was a little too excited to watch Psych, I thought I’d let you in on my little adventure from this morning.

Every day I have to walk from my apartment to the metro to get to work.  And every day I am able to execute this plan without a hitch.  Today, however, there was a new factor – it had recently rained.  So when I hit the slippery metal bit on the overpass just around the corner from the metro in my worn flip flops I unexpectedly hit the ground, splitting my skirt all the way up past my underwear and breaking my sandals.   I was not aware that this sort of thing happened in real life.

Now if my life were a movie, slipping and splitting my skirt would have actually have been the best thing to happen in my life.  This is because there would have been a really hot, available man standing nearby who would run to my rescue.  We would then promptly fall in love.  In reality, I just got to tie my blazer around my waist like it was the 90’s and enjoy a light breeze during the walk back to my apartment.  I’m still hopeful that later today a hot guy will walk up to me, tell me an embarrassing story about how he saw me biff it on a freeway overpass – and how that was when he knew we were meant to be together forever.  I’m just saying it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Well now that the five minutes I allotted myself for a break (since I had to walk 15 minutes to the metro and then 15 minutes back to my apartment) has been spent, I should go to work.  Wish me luck on attempt number two!

(Oh and don’t worry, I’m not hurt at all.  I don’t think it will even bruise.  It was just a hilarious surprise.)

IMG_2267

*Update: When I showed the skirt to the tailor he laughed.

*song = Loser, by Beck.  (I’ve been forgetting to do this lately.  My bad)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. Freakin' hilarious. I love you. And if you meet a totally hot man today, let's make a movie of your life. Big hit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...