Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day, Annie and I

Three day weekends are the best.  Especially when one of your very best friends is only a few hours drive away at a rad internship at Highlights magazine in Pennsylvania and decides to drive down in their new car named Jacques to visit you.  Just sayin’.

Since you probably already gathered that this is in fact exactly what happened to me this past Memorial Weekend, I shall provide you with some pictoral entertainment of our adventures.

Disclaimer:  It was super hot and humid when we took all of these pictures.  So, ya.

IMG_4672

IMG_4675

First stop after the requisite sleeping in on Saturday was the ever wonderful Eastern Market.

IMG_4680

With the heat, lemonade became a necessity.  Water is just not as good.  And by good, I mean deliciously happy.

IMG_4668

Annie channeled the mystery section at Capitol Books.

IMG_4681

IMG_4723

IMG_4712

We then wandered past pretty, historical buildings.  I may work in the most awesome one.

IMG_4708

Mid-Post Review: This person is Annie.  She is really cool.

IMG_4735

IMG_4748

We visited the Smithsonian American Art Museum.  Not just because it had air conditioning and water fountains, but because we’re cultured people who developed a love art in London together.  The second picture illustrates me wishing someone would teach us how to teleport.

IMG_4753

IMG_4755

Since that didn’t work , we went to Nando’s and just pretended like we were back in England.  It was cheaper than a plane ticket.

IMG_4772

One thing you should know about this city – it’s obsessed with cupcakes. They even have trucks that drive around selling cupcakes ice-cream truck style. But the absolute best place for cupcakes in the district is Baked & Wired.  Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, because they are just lying.

IMG_4762_1

If you told me that you didn’t want this, I would not believe you.  I mean, look at it.

IMG_4786

IMG_4788

IMG_4790

Because cupcakes are so popular here, we may have had to visit another shop too, though.  The second time we went to the new Sprinkles because the owner is on a show Annie watched.  Personally, Baked & Wired will always win for me, but Sprinkles was super cute too!

IMG_4807

IMG_4803

Fin.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's only fair to tell you I had a dream I was in London and in that dream I asked you and Annie if it was a dream. You guys lied to me.

    But your weekend adventure seems awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. I feel like I should apologize to you Kelsy? My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you so happy to be back in DC?! Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! I miss you so much, but it looks like you are having a blast! Keep living it up! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be there!!!! I miss you two soo much. D.C. sounds like heaven to me.... cupcake TRUCKS! holy cow...I might faint... Oh and P.S. Erick got me a Nikon digital camera (just a little one) and I've been playing with it. I thought you'd like to know. HA! I want to hear more about your life

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...