Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter in Japan?

So the thing about Easter in Japan... is that it is kind of hard to tell when it is happening, haha. They just don`t seem to celebrate it at all! My companion didn`t even know what it is. There were a couple of speakers at church who gave really good talks about the atonement of Christ (the fact that he died to free everyone from their mistakes and pains, so they can return to live with God and loved ones again) though, so it was an enjoyable day.

After church we even met a super cute young mother. Hopefully we will be able to meet again soon!  We also met a really fun 21 year old on the street at the beginning of the week who just moved to Asahikawa for work, and then she invited us to dinner at her apartment the next day. We had a great time chatting and eating together!

Tomorrow is transfers -- I think I will probably be in Asahikawa for my last two transfers, but you never know! I will update you all next week. I hope things are going well for all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...