Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thank You, Irene

I have to admit that this whole hurricane thing turned out quite well for me.  Because the power was out in Richmond, Va. until yesterday, Kaitlin didn’t have her internship and got to come visit me early! 

Kaitlin is one of my best friends from home, so it was awesome being able to play with her over here.  We went on a whirlwind tour of DC  Tuesday, when the weather decided it loved us and was absolutely perfect.  And then yesterday she helped keep me sane while I was moving into a new place (more on that later). So happy.

Wandering highlights included:

IMG_5906

The Smithsonian Castle

IMG_5914

The White House

IMG_5920

IMG_5925

The Jefferson Memorial

IMG_5941

IMG_5944

IMG_5951

The week-old MLK Memorial

IMG_5960

The Georgetown Serendipity

IMG_5983

And the Kennedy Center Rooftop Terrace.

We’re going to have to do it again ASAP!

P.S. The cityscape blog background I’ve used for the past two years is no longer in existence, so playing around with my blog layout is going to be my next life project.  Changes are coming!

*song = Hey Mama by Matt Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...