Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ikea Ikea Ikea

Last week I had so many blog post ideas that I just did nothing. And then I may have lost my momentum. Oops.

One of the many marvelous things I did was take a trip to Ikea with Annie. Her new apartment came with negative furniture and supplies. I shall allow you to experience our adventure in pictures. Going in Ikea still always feels like an event for me. Maybe its leftover from the days we would drive up as a family to the store in Seattle, before they built the one in Portland.

IMG_1872 IMG_1875 IMG_1878 IMG_1879

The children’s rooms were magical. I don’t think we’ve really grown up quite yet… As it should be.

IMG_1857

Annie’s favorite kitchen was the mini one.

IMG_1864

I made it myself. Bald Eagle. Your favorite.

IMG_1863

Sink’s broken.

Well, that’s ok, because that’s why we bought a home with two kitchens.

(Yes, we are movie nerds)

IMG_1881

Annie’s afraid of spiders. But I really like this one.

IMG_1882

The loot.

IMG_1884 IMG_1886 IMG_1887 And then we made things. I made a table, Annie made a box.

I’m convinced that when I get a place of my own, it’s going to be all Ikea. It’s simple, clean and cheap. A wonderful combination. And it gives me a chance to eat delicious, delicious 99 cent mac & cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I confer upon you the title of Expert IKEA Constructor. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are wonderful! The table looks like it was made by a professional.

    I love Ikea. We should go back some time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...