Sunday, November 21, 2010

Best House Guest Ever

So my old roommate Christy the Witt came up from San Diego and stayed at my apartment for the past few days, and she decided that she needed to pay for her room with records! (!!!!) She’s actually the one who convinced me I needed to get a record player of my own.

Now my collection is about 110% more awesome than it was before. She gave me:

  • Gloria Gaynor’s “Love Tracks” – with I Will Survive. It is awesome and needs to be blasted at all times. Seriously, I’m doing it right now.
  • Toto’s “IV” – with Africa. Which really makes me happy largely because of Sam & Macrae’s 80’s Prom last year. Bless the rains.
  • Tim Curry’s “Simplicity” – This makes me laugh so much. It also rounds out my Psych American Duos episode collection. He totally played the main judge on the show.
  • Huey Lewis and the News’ “Fore” – with Hip to Be Square. I already have this song on my iPod, and it’s even more awesome on record. I also love them for another reason that will become more clear two bullet points down.
  • The Dave Brubek Quartet – with Take Five. Christy said this is essential for any cultured person, and I totally believe her. It has wonderful, wonderful jazz. Little does Christy know, in elementary school KKJZ was my favorite radio station. They played all jazz all the time. Ya, I’m kind of a nerd.
  • The BACK TO THE FUTURE SOUNDTRACK -- My absolute favorite (although there are many extremely close seconds), as this is one of my favorite movies of all time. For some reason when I got my record player I totally imagined playing Johnny B. Goode on it, and it’s definitely on the record. It even says Johnny B. Goode, performed by Marty McFly with the Starlighters. It’s perfect. I can recreate the Enchantment Under the Sea dance in my room.
  • And a B.o.B single is arriving from her tomorrow! She said she wanted make sure I had some modern stuff too haha.

Christy’s staying here really required no effort on my part since she slept in Sam’s bed because Sam was out of town for a swim meet. But I am definitely keeping the records anyways… She’s way too nice to me.

IMG_0333

(In case you wanted a visual)

1 comment:

  1. record player. good investment, right? i love mine. so, that's so nice she gave you some records. always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...