Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks

First off for those who are wondering about transfers... nothing changed! No one in our district, and in fact out of our entire zone of like 9 or ten companionships (I can't remember exactly off of the top of my head) only two people changed areas. I think that maybe it's for Christmas?

Speaking of holidays, this week was Thanksgiving! There actually wasn't even any indication that it happened this week though (other than the fact that I ate some pumpkin bread I had left over from a kit my mom sent me. That's kind of Thanksgiving-y, right?), so I am feeling like I need a little Thanksgiving fun outlet. Here goes a quick list of things that I am grateful for!

I'm thankful for: Supportive, loving family and wonderful, constant friends. Being able to grow up in beautiful Portland where both the fun of nature and city life is within a short drive. Being able to have attended a great school with lots of opportunities. Being able to live in Washington, D.C. not just once, but twice (so far). For being able to serve in Japan for this year and a half and meet so many good people and learn a foreign language. For having a God who loves us so much that He gave us this gospel, a clear path of how to return to live with Him that answers absolutely the questions of where we came from, why we are here and where we are going. For the beauty of every day life!

There really are so, so many things to be grateful for, some super simple like a pretty sunset, and remembering them always makes any day so much better!

Ok, so I only have a few more minutes left so pictures!

First up, our last district picture (think evolution of man. I don't know how we ended up at the end...) and one from the transfer spot in Sapporo Eki with Imanishi Shimai.

Also, good news of the week! Durnig this past transfer our non-Japanese sister missionaries grew from 4 people to 5! The newest addition is Peterson Shimai, who is super cute and from Canada. Sisters always have exchanges on the first day of the transfer, and this time it was my privilege to work with Peterson on one of her very first days! We had a lot of fun talking about mission life and visited a non-attending member who speaks some English. Good stuff!

Scripture of the day:
Doctrine & Covenants 78:19
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even a hundred fold, yea, more.

Word of the day:
kansha = thanks, gratitude

Out of time LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...