Friday, April 15, 2011

The End is Near…

Today I had to clean off my desk at The Daily Universe.

This is officially my least favorite part of every semester, but this time it was even worse because I know I won’t be back in the fall. I’ve been at the DU for 2 1/2 years now, ever since I got back from London. I just love everything about each of the desks I’ve had there – the people, random celebrations, responsibility and even stress that came with them.

This college ending thing is still incredibly surreal to me. I know it’s not the end quite yet since I still have a paper and two tests to take, but the past few days have included a lot of lasts, like my last lecture, so I can’t help but be a little reflective. And I regret nothing. It’s funny because you don’t think about it too much while it’s happening, but I’ve really come a long way since I graduated from high school and started at BYU. I’ve done a lot of things that I thought were just dreams that weren’t actually realistic, like working at The Daily Universe (or even just majoring in journalism) and going to London and other countries on adventures and doing Washington Seminar, and so many other things. Even going to intern for the senate this summer. I can honestly say I regret nothing. Nothing at all.

There are some awesome celebrations that come with the end though, and while they’ll be continuing through the next week I’ve been able to enjoy a couple already. (Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures. I’m feeling nostalgic)

Namely, the end of winter semester Daily Universe BBQ:

IMG_2068

IMG_2065

IMG_2079

IMG_2082

IMG_2075

IMG_2080

And the Washington Seminar reunion/most of us are graduating celebration:

IMG_1862

IMG_1864

(points for knowing what we’re doing in this one)

IMG_1852

IMG_1860

IMG_1871

IMG_1873

IMG_1874

I’m so excited for the future! But there are definitely some things I’m going to miss (mostly people. You know who you are, and you are hereby required to come visit me in DC), so this last week in Utah has officially been dubbed “savor being here” week. Maybe I’ll get around to actually taking some finals too, but I make no guarantees.

*Song = My Only Offer by Mates Of State (I can’t remember if I’ve done this one already or not, so if I have – tough)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo great Natalie...
    great pictures,
    great friends,
    great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I want to come visit you in DC soooo bad! It would be so much fun! You should post the pics! They are so fun- and I am nostalgic as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...