Friday, August 13, 2010

Newseum

Exactly one month ago today I went to the Newseum, so I figured this is a good time to post the pictures I took there. Out of all the museums I went to this was definitely my favorite. But I might be a little biased since I am a journalism major….

Here are some highlights, starting with the view from the top. It just happened to be the Capitol Pride festival the day I went up, so Pennsylvania was filled with people.

IMG_7655

IMG_7645

Right next to the patio they have the front pages of all of the newspapers. The Oregonian has some encouraging news for those who just graduated… not.

IMG_7651

Now on to the best stuff. One of the most compelling and moving exhibits was for 9/11. They had a video of interviews with reporters who were there when it happened, and the front pages of newspapers from the next day from all over the world. There was even the tv tower from one of the Twin Towers. I could have stayed there forever. It really brought back the emotion from that day.

IMG_7682

And they also have the largest portion of the Berlin Wall outside of Berlin, complete with an original watchtower you can walk in. They really did an amazing job of combining news coverage with artifacts to tell the stories of what happened in history. I highly recommend it! Go to D.C. now.

IMG_7689

IMG_7687

IMG_7690

IMG_7693

IMG_7697

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...