Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Library Card to Trump All Others

IMG_1029 I happen to be someone who loves being surrounded by books. There’s just something wonderful about the way it feels.

So, yesterday was a beautiful one for me when I received the greatest greatest library card ever – the library of congress reader’s card. It even has my picture on it. As one of the other girls in my program said, it’s got to be universally accepted, right?

That also puts the number of library cards I possess up to 4 for all the places I’ve lived. Home in Oregon, Provo, London, and now the Library of Congress. And they all still work. Bwahaha. I’m hopefully going to get a normal DC library card too, because we all know I can’t make it through the summer without my teen fiction.

The weather outside was even glorious to celebrate the occasion. Although my feet were killing me because I definitely trekked across the city in my HEELS (I walked to work in them, worked in them for 8 hours, went to the art gallery in them, and then walked to the library of congress all the way down the mall and over a few blocks).

But it was ok because my walk looked like this:Photo0195

Photo0196

(These are with my phone again, because even though I had my camera with me for some reason it didn’t occur to me to use it)

It was the perfect temperature, with the perfect sun.

To give you an idea of what it’s like here, since the magazine I work at is a block away from the White House this is where I ate lunch today:

IMG_1022

Of course lunch is naturally way more exciting when there are snipers involved.

IMG_1025

More adventures tomorrow with our first day of Friday class guest lecture things.

1 comment:

  1. Hm...snipers would have been nice in the high school cafeteria....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...