Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mountain Adventures with Guava

I thought I’d let you in on some of my adventures from this weekend, namely Rocky Mountain Goat Viewing Day. I desperately need extra credit for my bio 100 class, so I had to drive all of the way to Little Cottonwood Canyon in Sandy where I literally stood in a parking lot and stared at a mountain. There were a few other people there who were mountain goat experts or something who I overheard saying they recognized the goats from last year. They have skills.

I did get to help these three nice ladies who came late find the goats though. That made me feel pretty cool.

Here are some pictures so you can see what you missed out on. I had brought my camera to use in place of binoculars since I don’t have any and ended up taking pictures too.

IMG_5755

Ok, now find the goat! What, you don’t see it?

IMG_5721d

This is as close as I ever saw them through my lens. I’ve circled them to help you.

IMG_5754

This is a majorly cropped photo of one of the goats.

What’s funny to me is that when I worked at the Oregon Zoo I walked by an exhibit of mountain goats every day. They were a hundred times closer, so I think I should have been able to retroactively get even more extra credit for that.

IMG_5770

This, as you can clearly tell, is a picture of me and the goat.

I may have quickly gotten bored and started taking pictures of all the other people standing in the parking lot.

IMG_5729 IMG_5745

IMG_5736

IMG_5746

IMG_5735

IMG_5766

IMG_5779

It was nice and sunny though so I didn’t mind. I was hoping to get a tan…

IMG_5752

This is my faithful car Guava. I’ll have had her for 5 years this August and we’ve gone on many an adventure. I think the $1,500 it took to buy her has gone quite far. Literally.

IMG_5783

There was a mall on the way home so I had to stop to get some clothes for DC naturally, especially since there were a lot of sales and I had birthday money. My favorite purchase was the purple Max Studio dress above. It was originally $128 and I got it for $39. My mom raised me and my sister on shopping only at Ross and during sales and she trained me well. I spent $134.28 on what would have originally cost $364.50, according to the tags. (I bought the dress, five shirts, two cardigans and a scarf)

And then I returned to Provo.

The end.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...