Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello D.C.

IMG_1017

In case anyone was panicking because they weren’t sure if I had succeeded in making it to D.C. for my internship this post is for you.

I arrived here on Friday after trying to cram all of my important belongings into two suitcases after finals, and we’ve already had some fun adventures. I’ve officially seen the white house, capital, Lincoln, a rally, and much more. But I shall show you in photos because that is usually more fun for everyone.

Photo0192

The first night the few guys and girls who were there went on a walk to the mall to see the Lincoln Memorial and such. Unfortunately, none of us remembered to bring a camera so all I have is this, which was taken with my phone. We all know cell phone cameras and night combine to make the best photos.

IMG_1004

The next day we went and explored Georgetown (that we maybe two blocks away from). We also walked up to a French Market where we ended up eating at the above pizza place. I think that’s ok because I know for a fact there are pizza places in France.

Also, Amy, on the right, is cool and my roommate for the summer. I know her from journalism stuff.

IMG_1005

IMG_1010

28325_416082571418_675691418_5192192_8068465_n

One of the best things about this city is that there is always something going on, and this week there was the Earth Day climate rally and the mall. So naturally we rounded up a group of people who love the world and went to check it out. We didn’t see all of the performers/speakers, but they included Sting, John Legend, Passion Pit, the director of Avatar, and more. We heard the Reverend Jesse Jackson speak about doing good things for the environment. Now. We also got lots of free stuff, like a frisbee and seeds for an Avatar tree. I hope it’s blue.

IMG_1015

We then proceeded to the White House. (It’s a little behind us…)

Fun fact: two of the girls, Talyn in Orange and Becky in plaid, went to London with me. I actually knew a pretty decent amount of people in the program before coming here, just by chance.

IMG_1018

Today we saw the capital after class.

And tomorrow we start our internships!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am super jealous of your DC adventuring! You'll have so much fun!
    Is that Adam Welsh in that photo? If it is, tell him I say bonjour! (we were on ballroom team last year together)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, can I just say that I love that you have seeds to an Avatar tree. Also, D.C. sounds pretty much amazing, so...officially you are a lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...