Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My (Imaginary) Spare Time

I’ve started working on a new project on the side that goes by the name of the Utah People’s Post, or UPP (think cute Pixar movie) for short. It’s a cool start-up company founded by a BYU alum and Harvard Law grad that aims to provide hyper-local news coverage of Provo.

It’s a lot of fun for me because we’re doing a lot of things that we talk about in my classes as being a possibility for the future of journalism. Not that I think print papers and newspaper institutions as they are will go completely extinct (please no, not ever), but things will definitely evolve so it’s been great to get some experience with the development of a new media site from the development on. It’s also a lot of fun because with this mini internship I can do any kind of project I want. I can write an article on any subject or make an audio slideshow or whatever else. You name it and it’s most likely fair game.

So the moral of the story is that you should check it out. We just barely launched the site two days ago, so it’s still hot off the cyber presses. Go to utahpeoplespost.com to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...