Monday, October 12, 2009

My World Through Glasses


For some reason, whenever I wear glasses I feel like I'm in disguise. I feel like I can pull a Clark Kent or something. I don't think this is too unreasonable considering the fact that I work for a newspaper, although I don't exactly have super powers. Minor detail. Anyways, whenever the first person says hi to me I'm always a little surprised that they still know who I am.

In case you're wondering why I'm writing about this now, today was the first day in quite a while that I've worn my glasses through a normal day. It's not that I don't like my glasses, I actually love them a lot, it's that I've gotten out of the habit of wearing them. When I was offered contacts in the 7th grade because I was going blind too fast I thought they were a gift from heaven. Which they were, but now I just never wear my glasses. I have plentiful reasons, namely that whenever I wear them I almost fall asleep in class, it always seems to rain and I smudge them them like none other every two seconds. That being said, I love my glasses and have resolved to wear them more often, like once a month or so. I actually used to fantasize about having multiple pairs of glasses so I could coordinate them with my outfits. So, I'm writing this so you can make me wear my glasses more frequently. This is your goal. I wish you luck.

For your enjoyment below are some old pictures of me wearing glasses through the years. They were actually really hard to find (thanks mom!), so you should appreciate this rare treat, I'm sure. Some of them are even festive.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...