Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Japanese Hike: Mt. Maruyama

After a long wait, I am back with another lost entry about Japan! Coming up this time: my last p-day.

For some reason when I left on my mission I had the image of p-day equaling mountain hiking. It took me until the end of my mission to finally be able to fulfill my dream (I was always in a far away area. Or it was snowing. Pesky snow), but it was worth it and I feel like I definitely need to share!

We climbed Mt. Maruyama, which is in the huge Maruyama park in Sapporo. It wasn’t too long, but fairly steep and provided us with a great view.

IMG_0669

We started off at the mission home…

IMG_0687IMG_0690

Journeyed through the park to the starting point…

IMG_0691

Walked up and up and up…

IMG_0701IMG_0710IMG_0704

IMG_0719

And got to see a great view of the city of Sapporo!

IMG_0731IMG_0723

IMG_0727

IMG_0743

Maybe we played a little up there too.

IMG_0751

IMG_0762

IMG_0763

And made it back down with a mission hiking goal accomplished! (There are many more mountains though, so I might have to go back…)

In case there weren’t enough pictures for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...