Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello from the Animals of Ebetsu!

Hello everyone!!

I hope that you all had a lovely conference weekend. We don`t watch it here until next week since the time difference is too funky, but I did hear the big news that the age requirement for missionaries has changed! (In case you didn`t know, before it was 19 for boys and 21 for girls, but as of Saturday it is now 18 for boys and 19 for girls) We actually just found out from some of the sisters talking about it in church on Sunday morning because they had seen the news online. None of the missionaries had any clue since we`re not hooked up to the internet, haha.

But I think it will be awesome, especially for girls. I think I would still be here at the same time in my life no matter what, but I think that now a lot more girls will come on missions and it will be great! It is such a wonderful experience and sets a great foundation for the rest of life and will strengthen a lot of futures and families. Cool stuff. It will be interesting to see if more sister missionaries start showing up here after a few months!

Um, I shall proceed on to pictures because that tends to be the safest plan.

Last week we went to Tonden farm, a cute little place where they have animals you can play with petting zoo style. It`s an Ebetsu attraction. While we were there we ran into Rin Chan, who I think I have mentioned before because she was baptised with her dad last month, and her family and it was super cute to see her run around and feed all of the animals.

all of the stuff in the gift shop was from New Mexico, which was kind of random.

more animal friends
there were lots of animals. haha

We have 30 minutes of sports every morning first thing at 6:30, and this transfer has been great because we have gone running almost every day. LOVE it. But one day this past week we decided to do a little jumping instead...
 
We also went to a super delicious soup curry shop for lunch one day. I definitely want to learn how to make it myself at home when I get back! It is warm and magical.

 
I also got to make some pumpkin cookies this past week! For a full understanding of my undying love for pumpkin cookies, refer to my blog entries from around this time last year. And probably the year before that, and before that... I kind of like them. So anyways, I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn`t be able to eat them this year but then I got a surprise package from my mom with all of the ingredients in it (surprisingly hard thing to find here -- chocolate chips! You just have to break up bars of chocolate or else spend a lot of money for a super tiny bag of them)! Thank you mom! The Elders appreciated it too.

And then when we were out one day we discovered a Gresham, Oregon (review: Gresham is Ebetsu`s sister city) park! Taking pictures became necessary.

We also ate delicious parfaits at a cafe called Santa Cream. I know that you all are just dying to know everything I eat in a week, so you`re welcome.

I took way more pictures than I thought, so now I am all out of time!! Oops. But most people think pictures are more fun anyways, so I guess it is ok... We had a great week of missionary work though, and were able to teach some really fun lessons and learn a lot more about the gospel ourselves at the same time.

The weather here is just starting to get chilly and the leaves are starting to turn colors and fall and it is so gorgeous! I love the crisp air, and am so glad to be able to be here with these people right now. Thank you so much as always for all of your support!!

Scripture of the Week:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (Bible, Old Testament)
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Fun Japanese word of the Week:
Necojita = cat`s tongue, or `I can`t eat/drink hot food.` They always drink things so ridiculously hot here! I am way too weak. I can`t do it. I just have to sit and wait, haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...