Monday, June 25, 2012

An Ode to the Cycling Road

Hello again family and friends!

Today I would like to talk about a wonderful part of the Atsubetsu area -- the Cycling Road! I think I mentioned it before, but didn't go too in-depth. The Atsubetsu area acutally includes Kita Hiroshima, which is a city that is close if you go by car (only like 20 minutes), but it's about an hour and a half door to door if you go by bike. But the cycling road is magical so I love it. It is a good 10 km of natural beauty. We're always a little exhausted when we get back, but it is so worth it. Every week we go once or twice because half of all of our referrals, plus other awesome members and investigators live there, and this week when we went we decided to take our lunch break as a picnic on a bench along the way. It was great. Pictures included!

Another fun thing from this week (sorry this email is probably terrible... I'm at the mission home so I can't concentrate at all with all of the Elders talking) is that I met someone who knows Portland super well. She hasn't ever been to Portland before, but she's seen the Rose Parade on TV multiple times! I was so surprised. We met her on the street using my favorite street contact (making friends with people's dog), and when I said I was from Portland she got all excited. It was really happy. Next time we are in the area we plan to stop by and show her some fun Portland pictures. And from there hopefully we will be able to talk more about the gospel.

Things are good! Ochiai Shimai and I are having fun. Sorry this email is so bad... I will try to make up for it next week.

Scripture of the week:
1 Nephi 3:7 (Book of Mormon)
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commanments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

(I know this scripture is reference all of the time in the Church, but that is becase it is great. And I definitely think there is a reason it comes right at the beginning of the Book of Mormon. God really does love us, and he wants us to succeed, so if he asks us to do something he will help us to do it)

Fun Japanese word of the day:
nebaru = to persevere












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...