Monday, December 5, 2011

The Lost Blog Posts

So, these next few entries aren’t going to be of the freshest variety of posts. For some reason I was under the false impression that when I got home I would have nothing to do other than sit around and blog about D.C. and eat pomegranates (those things are time consuming!). Of course, I didn’t take into account the fact that I would be putting in my mission papers in record time (start to finish = one week for all interviews and doctor appointments).

Moral of the story: some old gems will be coming on here in the next few days as part of my attempt to start tying up all of my loose ends before I disappear. Today I give you the examining of the Washington Monument after the earthquake. I was walking along the Mall when I saw this. Awesome, right?

wash mon blog

IMG_7319

Watching the guys all the way up there was super entertaining. They were so high!

IMG_7330

Apparently I wasn’t the only one who thought so.

IMG_7376

IMG_7379

It’s closed, so the park rangers were showing people pictures of the cracks and chunk of the Monument that fell off!

IMG_7370IMG_7367

IMG_7345

I miss walking around there all of the time and people watching (there are some really interesting people to watch…). Now I have to get my does of D.C. from watching Covert Affairs. It’s not the same.

*Holiday song of the day = The Goo Goo Dolls’ Better Days (I can never decide if it’s actually a Christmas song, but it’s on an old NBC Holiday CD I own, so I’m going with yes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...