I went from having never been to Las Vegas to going there twice in one year. This time was a lot different though, because I went for the National Convention of the Society of Professional Journalists instead of just to hang out. We drove down in a van and it was pretty sweet. I love any excuse to get out of town.
I heard from:
- Paul Overberg, database director for USA Today
- David Haddix, training director for IRE
- Victor Hernandez, director of domestic newsgathering CNN
- Mike Toppo, senior director of news operations & production CNN.com
- Rich Barbieri, deputy managing director of CNN Money
- Roy Harris, author and former Wall Street Journal reporter
- Alexandra Berzon, reporter for the The Wall Street Journal
- Mark Maremont, senior editor for the Wall Street Journal
- Rob Curley, Las Vegas Sun media guy
- And many other really cool people
- A lot of things. About Journalism.
The group at the Review-Journal (stolen from Cerissa):
We went there and met with the managing editor, which was really interesting. And they gave us free pizza, which is always a plus.
And some more fun in pictures:
I wish I was in the real Paris… but this will have to do.
The convention was in Planet Hollywood. We spent a LOT of time waiting in this spot for the van haha.
Note the new skirt I’m in love with that I bought at Anthropologie (!) very much on sale in Caesar's Palace.