Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Questions and Answers email

So... I am not entirely sure what I did this week, haha. I was going to look at the pictures I took and then describe them... but I only took two and they are of district lunch so that isn`t too interesting. My bad! I will improve for next week.
 
Right now we`re actually at an internet place with the whole district, which is fun because they have free drnks and afterwards we are going to play darts and pool and stuff. It is also super entertaining to listen to all of the Elders talk (and sing) while they email. This week was pretty normal, which of course still means that it was great. We were able to keep meeting with Yukari Chan and we even met some other great people too.  I will let you know how it progresses! But for now I think I will go back and answer some recent questions I`ve gotten from the parents that I haven`t been able to get around to answering. Probably other people have had similar questions?
 
1. Is it summer yet in Hokkaido?
This past week it was actually super hot here! We may have had to take ice cream breaks a lot. But I think that overall it is still colder than an Oregon summer, and a lot shorter. Yesterday it rained all day, and then at church one of the members said that from here it starts getting colder... Masuda Shimai said that last year it started getting cold, like you would want to wear a jacket, while there were still sunflowers out. But I think if it was super hot all of the time it would be hard to do missionary work because the sun kind of saps the energy, so maybe that is a good thing. But hopefully we will have a little bit more warmth before the winter comes!
 
2. What do you do with luggage when you have transfers?
My dad was right when he said it would probably be a disaster if we tried to ride our bike with our two suitcases!  Here in Sapporo we actually send our bike and one suitcase with a delivery service, and then carry one suitcase and bag with us on the train and such when we go to our new area. There isn`t a weight limit on the bag you send, so I definitely put all of the books I received at the MTC and every other heavy thing I saw in that suitcase. What I didn`t know was that the apartment in Ebetsu is on the third floor... and doesn`t have an elevator. Sorry delivery guy!
 
3. Where are the areas that Sister missionaries can go to in Sapporo?
Um, I don`t remember all of them, but most of them are within Sapporo city limits or are really close (like Ebetsu is on the border). The only exceptions are Obihiro, Hakodate and Asahikawa. Uh, find a map.
 
Ok, that is probably it for now... Love you all!!!
 
Scripture of the Week:
Jacob 3:2 (Book of Mormon)
O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.
 
Fun Japanese Word of the Week:
shiwa = wrinkle
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...