Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meet Me in D.C.

I absolutely love when people come visit me in D.C.  It’s so wonderful living in a destination city!  This Saturday the lovely Anastasia Borok, one of my favorite people from home, came down to play with me.  She’s getting her masters at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore right now, which is only a 40 minute train ride away.  It’s great!

IMG_2282

IMG_2283

We started with breakfast at Eastern Market.  It was fabulous because I’ve been wanting to go to it forever, but haven’t had enough motivation to get up early enough to go…  Seeing Annie was more than enough motivation to wake up!

IMG_2287

IMG_2286

IMG_2288

IMG_2289

Annie and I also napped on the capitol lawn while reading the Onion, went on a tour of the capitol, frolicked past all the monuments in the monumental heat, went to the air and space museum, hung out in DuPont plus other magical things.

IMG_2278

Earlier this month, Ashley spontaneously came to the district for a food show with her mom.  We got to have lunch together and it just totally made my week.

So if you’re on the east coast and are tempted to add D.C. to your itinerary, do it and let me know!

*song = July, July! by the Decemberists for obvious reasons. (clue, it’s July, and it’s a good song.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I wish so badly I could make it. Boo on responsibility.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...