Monday, May 13, 2013

STL Adventures begin!!

Hello everyone!

I am officially in Odori, my new area, with the new sisters training responsibility, and I feel like we've had a running start!

It was kind of funny because almost nothing about this transfer was normal -- to start off, we always have transfers on Thursdays but because of a mission president conference in Tokyo this week we had it on a Saturday. And then because we have another music concert this month, instead of going to the normal transfer spot at the Sapporo train station we all went to the church in Kotoni for music practice. Then Kise Shimai and I ended up going on a split of sorts so weren't even together our first official day of our companionship  haha.

I went out to dinner with one of my favorite families ever that I met housing with Masuda Shimai just over a year ago and a bunch of the missionaries that they've become friends with in between then. It has been so wonderful to see the relationship that they have made with so many missionaries and the members too, even though only one small daughter has joined the church-- it has really become a part of their lives.  Then we actually went to Atsubetsu for their ward FHE. It was so much fun to see all of the members from my first area! Such a blessing. It was kind of funny though because since it was transfers I lugged my red suitcase with me the whole time, from Asahikawa to Sapporo, then the church, then the other end of the subway line and then on the street car... and it was raining the whole time so it got soaked, haha. But it was a team effort. Even the kids helped!

And without further ado, since I am now going to be at the mission home for emails (at least most of the time, I think) I can send some pictures! Let's see what I can do... (I may be super behind)

Puricura (korean style awesome pictures) with Lundstrom Shimai! I'll have to scan some of those gems in when I get home...

Lundstrom Shimai's bean shower (welcome for new missionaries)!

Picture on our balcony for Ai Chan's birthday card -- it was deceptively cold...

Lundstrom Shimai's first day on her new bike!

Trying out some natural dendo in Asahikawa's Kaimono Koen

The snow was finally gone! It was time to celebrate (I saw some of my first cherry blossoms this week after coming to Sapporo!)

The ward potluck with Ai Chan ans her sister before her baptism!! (They are so awesome!!)

The lunch group pic! It's a little off center... don't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...